Sauls Funeral Home of Ridgeland


In the early 1900's, L. Martin Sauls, Sr., his wife, Coy Bowers Sauls and their Children, L. Martin Sauls, Jr., Geneva Sauls (Thomas) and Myrtis Lee Sauls moved to Ridgeland from Hampton, South Carolina. L. Martin Sauls, Sr. began to work in a hardware store and later opened his own general store where he began selling caskets along with offering his funeral services. At this time, the funeral home was called Ridgeland Funeral Home.

After graduating from Gupton Jones College of Embalming in 1938, L. Martin Sauls, Jr. and his wife Reba Valentine Sauls became the owners and operators of the funeral home and changed the name to Sauls Funeral Home. They moved the funeral home from the hardware store into a hotel owned by the Livingstons located on the east side of U.S. 17 just north of Main Street. In 1964, the Sauls purchased and moved the funeral home to the C. E. Perry house on West Adams Street where it still remains today.

The Sauls Family has been privileged to serve over three generations of families from Ridgeland and the Lowcountry at this location.



Sauls Funeral Home of Ridgeland
310 W. Adams Street
Ridgeland, SC 29936

Telephone: 843-726-5535

Fax: 843-726-5678

Email: saulsfuneral@earthlink.net


Where we are located

View map directions